RAF file size after import

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2024-01-03 17:30:43

This is so weird! I took the image you provided in a link above, added it to my Photos app on my iPad. It's compressed so of course I can't see it when I look in Photos, just a grey square. I can see it in the UI of both Photomator and Raw Power.

In Photomator, in the browser, I can see the full image. When I click to open it, it it initially looks like it's opening the full, uncrossed image, but then all of sudden, it crops it. Like, I can actually see Photomator cropping the image.

I tried your workaround with Raw Power, opening it, not making any changes, and saving it, then going to Photomator, but that didn't change anything for me. Photomator is still cropping it.

Has the Pixelmator team responded to your support request yet??

Edit to add: I tried some images from my X-T3. Original size is 6246x4170. Initially, both Raw Power and Photomator open them as 6240x4160, so extremely minimal cropping. When I close the image in Raw Power it then corrects it back to 6246x4170, but Photomator still has that slight crop.

2024-01-03 18:40:12

Yes, that's strange behaviour. I haven't heard back from the PIXELMATOR team yet.

2024-02-22 20:21:38

The latest update (3.2.3) doesn't seem to have solved my problem. When I import a compressed RAF into Photomator, Photomator opens it truncated (3328 × 4492). However, when I ask Photomator to open it with Pixelmator, Pixelmator opens it correctly. Strange... It's better than before, but I still can't work on my RAF in Photomator alone. :sob: In a future update? :smiley:

2024-02-23 08:36:40

Miracle ! With update 3.3.1 (2 updates in 24 hours?!?) my problem is solved! Thank you Mr Photomator...