Display preset cube LUTs names

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Photo?

2024-03-14 08:07:41

Currently you can't really tell what each LUT is unless you right click it and see "redefine <name>" or "remove <name>". This is poor UX. It would be good to be able to see them, and to also have a "favorites" folder.

2024-03-15 11:59:33

What device are you using as its fine on my mac?

Shelton.

2024-03-15 12:04:01

by Shelton What device are you using as its fine on my mac?

Shelton.
I'm using a mac, too.

Image Image

Notice the screenshot shows a little bit of text, but it's hard to sort through if there are a bunch of them with the same prefix. For example, let's say I have a bunch of Kodak or FujiFilm emulations for "CNG" (Color Negative). I see Kodak_... for 10 entries and so on. I think there's a better way to do this.

2024-03-15 13:49:34

Ah, I never use the film strip option, I always select my LUT's from within the edit menu option....

Shelton.

2024-03-15 14:20:10

by Shelton Ah, I never use the film strip option, I always select my LUT's from within the edit menu option....

Shelton.
Thanks for sharing this with me, Shelton. I realize that the LUT selector is on the right-hand menu. I like the preset thumbnails on the bottom of the page since they show a clear preview of what is available, and can be categorized.

I think this can be a suitable alternative for now (especially when I know which LUT I want to use), but I'd definitely like to see Photomator's dev team improve the usability of this feature.

2024-03-15 14:53:10

Hope I'm not teaching you to suck eggs, but you can create folder(s) of fav LUTs for quicker access from the side menu, but I certainly see your point about file names/space in the film strip.

I would raise a feedback request if you haven't done so, then it will get logged to look at

Shelton.

2024-03-15 14:56:11

by Shelton Hope I'm not teaching you to suck eggs, but you can create folder(s) of fav LUTs for quicker access from the side menu, but I certainly see your point about file names/space in the film strip.

I would raise a feedback request if you haven't done so, then it will get logged to look at

Shelton.
Not at all! This is a terrific way of thinking about this, especially when I know the type of feel I'm going for. I had no idea that the LUTs would adopt folder hierarchy from the Custom LUTs directory.

I thought that the grouping that would be created in the filmstrip would naturally resolve to the menu options, but alas, it seems like that isn't the case.

Yes, I reached out to the support emails, but it seems like it isn't something that's in the books for the time being. I'm looking forward to device-synced LUTs.

I'll try your approach. I'm digging the fact that the previews show up on mouseover!

Thanks, Shelton!