Using Apple Photos Library?

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2024-03-12 13:54:11

I have an extensive, organized library in Apple's Photos app on my Mac. Can I use that library in Photometer 3.3.3? It won't seem to let me import the library, either as Photos or Files.

Thanks in advance!

2024-03-15 11:59:42

Photomator has two modes, either it uses the default Photo Library from your account, or a file browser. If you are trying to use another library than the account default, It does not do that. If you do this on the Mac you can open that library using Option-Click on Photos, which will make it the default, then laugh Photomator to see if it will pick that other library. But in Photomator there is no way to switch Apple Photos Library

2024-03-15 12:16:52

Thanks!

Just to “conclude” this topic, I launched Apple’s Photos app, and then in its settings menu, selected the option to use this library as the system library. After that, Photomator picked it up immediately, so I’m now able to edit precisely as in every tutorial I’ve seen.

Hope this might help someone else!

Roger

2024-03-15 12:38:26

Glad it worked. As I mentioned if you first close Photos app, then hold the Option key as you click the Photos app to launch it, you will get a dialog to pick a library. Cheers

2024-03-16 16:04:12

One further question: is there a "trick" to getting Phtomator to "see" smart albums in the Photos Library, or is that simply not supported?

Cheers, and thanks in advance!

Roger

2024-03-19 09:16:28

PowerPhotos for Mac https://fatcatsoftware.com/powerphotos/ can help you manage Photo Libraries and even merge libraries.

2024-03-19 12:22:54

by rlbro157 One further question: is there a "trick" to getting Phtomator to "see" smart albums in the Photos Library, or is that simply not supported?

Cheers, and thanks in advance!

Roger
It is not supported. You can always access the photo in Apple Photos and use "Edit in Photomator" to edit it.