Please add a feathering capability to section tools

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2024-03-11 20:29:32

I apologize if this already exists and I just haven't found it yet, I'm still learning.

I'm a Photoshop guy from version 1 (25+ years) and a certified Adobe Expert. So I tend to lean into Photoshop more than I want to. For the last 9 months, I've been forcing myself to use Pixelmator Pro and getting faster but there are a few capabilities I miss. One is the ability to feather a selection to blend objects more smoothly or blur a background more realistically. I want to control how many pixels deep the feathering is so I can control the smoothness of the selection at different times.

If this already exists can someone comment so I can learn from your experience? Thanks!

2024-03-23 19:29:34

One way you can accomplish this is by going into "select and mask", then using a combination of "expand" and "softness." If you expand your selection as well as softening it, you should functionally be able to do the same thing. It's not as precise as setting a specific pixel count, and I wis they'd allow that option, but the functionality is there!

2024-03-24 04:34:38

Thanks, I'll try this tomorrow and see if I can duplicate the result I get in Photoshop.