Help me understand brush sizes

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2024-02-22 07:50:05

I seem to have a problem using the brushes in Pixelmator Pro.

Whenever I select a brush, I see the circle cursor displayed on the canvas, but when I start using the brush, the result is smaller than the cursor implies.
No matter what setting I adjust in the brush settings, the result is always smaller than the cursor... Image

The screenshot shows a simulation, my brush is set at 0% softness, 100% opacity, and none of the advanced settings seem to solve my problem.
I also can't find anything about brushes inside the settings panel, so clearly I am missing something...

I do use a Wacom, but the same happens with a mouse and the trackpad.
Can somebody please point me in the right direction ?

2024-03-15 14:41:29

I don't see anything like that. All these with the same brush at different sizes - perfect. Image

2024-03-21 09:51:48

I reached out to Pixelmator support, and they got back to me.
It appeared that I had enlarged my macOS cursor inside settings - accessibility.
The brush sizes in Pixelmator are related to the macOS cursor size... which is why I was seeing the wrong brush sizes in Pixelmator.

2024-03-25 09:31:18

by Peterk I reached out to Pixelmator support, and they got back to me.
It appeared that I had enlarged my macOS cursor inside settings - accessibility.
The brush sizes in Pixelmator are related to the macOS cursor size... which is why I was seeing the wrong brush sizes in Pixelmator.
Thanks I did not know this.