Importing photos.

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2024-04-24 09:56:14

I’ve only just started using Photomator and about to go on a short break I’m only going to take my iPad (iPhone & camera) not my MacBook. So I was wondering where’s the best place to import my photos? Do I import them straight to (apple) photos and then let the cloud sync them to Photomator? Or do I import them the Photomator and let the cloud sync them to (apple) Photos. Does it matter? All my photos will be raw. I also have a Nikon Zf which I don’t think is supported yet.

Thanks

2024-04-24 16:38:56

Photomator on iPad has a very basic file/external storage functionality. While you can choose to load images to an SSD or a folder on your iPad and then open them in Photomator, it is nothing like the file/folder functionality on the desktop version of the app.

It really depends on how you want to work. I personally don't want to mix my RAW camera images with my iPhone photos so I don't use Photomator with Apple Photos. If you do want to use that functionality, you would import the images into Apple Photos first.

And, you are correct. Apple has not yet added support for the Nikon Zf (and it looks like Photomator may not have extended support like they do for Fuji compressed RAWs), so you will not be able to see/work on your images anyways.

2024-04-24 20:31:18

by Nadeem And, you are correct. Apple has not yet added support for the Nikon Zf (and it looks like Photomator may not have extended support like they do for Fuji compressed RAWs), so you will not be able to see/work on your images anyways.
Thanks for the info, as far as the Raw files I can convert them to DNG's and they work fine.

2024-04-25 14:33:50

Do you have a way to convert RAWs to DNG on your iPad (you mentioned when you go on a break you're only going to take your iPad with you)? I've been looking for a way to do that but haven't found it yet.

2024-04-25 15:29:50

by Nadeem Do you have a way to convert RAWs to DNG on your iPad (you mentioned when you go on a break you're only going to take your iPad with you)? I've been looking for a way to do that but haven't found it yet.
Ah yes you are correct, no I haven’t found a way, so looks like I’ll be taking my MacBook too.