jumping to previous pictures and not saving edits

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2024-04-02 14:34:58

If you go to where the raw's are stored is photomator saving the sidecar file there? The only other thing I can think of is that photomator doesn't have permissions to write to the external drive? Thus it can't save anything?

Maybe try editing one picture saved to your desktop and see if it saves OK there?

2024-04-02 15:05:31

I think this happens if you do not click the Done button when you are done and just move to another photo with the Back button. Changes are saved when you click done. It is useful since closing the photo without doing Done is a way to cancel the edits. However the drawback is that if you forget to click Done, you loose your work without warning. A warning could be added as a solution. Then some would complain that this add un unnecessary extra step.

2024-04-08 08:15:42

Hi Andy, from the logs, it looks like you're trying to edit images/folders stored in a temporary folder. Is this, by any chance, an image you've dragged and dropped from a browser/the Mail app/somewhere similar? If not, how did you import it into Photomator? We should, in theory, import these images to the Pictures catalog because items in temporary folders are removed when you restart your Mac and we have various safeguards that prevent saving changes to temporary locations.

2024-04-08 13:29:35

Interesting, if possible, would you be able to share a screen recording of your workflow? Feel free to upload it here and then send the link directly to me at andriusg@pixelmator.com – there's probably something that I'm not quite getting and I'd love to take a closer look.

Thanks in advance!

2024-05-07 13:53:13

I just had something like this happen to me. I'm not sure what exact sequence I followed, but after cropping an image and navigating away, when I went back to it the crop was gone.

My expectation is that if I edit a photo and navigate away from it, my edits are saved. (Sometimes I'm prompted, but when I'm not prompted, changes should always be saved.)

2024-05-11 07:59:13

I have exactly the same issue.

I edit photos in google drive dir. MaxOS.

2024-05-20 23:00:26

I keep seeing this bug happen unexpectedly. When I edit and then navigate to other photos. It's not 100% of the time, just occasionally. Sometimes crops aren't saved, sometimes adjustments aren't saved. Right now I'm never sure if Photomator has saved my edits or not.

2024-05-21 06:22:58

Apologies for the annoying bug – it should be fixed in the next update. :pray:

Today 12:07:35

I see that version 3.3.14 for macOS is now out. The release notes don't mention the bug where edits aren't always saved if you move to another photo instead of clicking "Done". Can you confirm whether this has been fixed in this update?