Text Tool Issue

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2017-11-30 15:51:33

When I try to type text using the text tool, each letter I press selects a new tool. The keys are acting as shortcuts even though the text tool is selected and I see the text box. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!

2018-08-02 18:57:57

Did this get an fix? Im having the exact same issue

2018-08-03 08:54:16

Edgar,

Hm... Could you make sure that the text editing mode is activated when you start typing in your text?

Essentially, what you need to keep an eye on are the layer handles -- if you see white layer handles around the text box, this means you're in the text moving and transforming mode. This mode can be activated by single-clicking the text.

To enter the text editing mode, however, you'd have to double-click the text instead. A blinking text cursor should indicate the text editing mode is active.

2018-08-06 19:33:31

Aurelija,

Yes, I've selected the text itself to where the blinking cursor is in and ready, it just won't type/paste/cut anything in it. I can move once in it with the arrow keys, but won't delete any of it. Then once I select out of it, it goes back to normal where I click any key and it'll shortcut to that key's tool.

Very weird, every other tools works just can't type. It's almost as if its stuck somehow. I can change its font and every property of the text, just not the very text. I don't know what to try next.

Thanks again for the response!

2018-08-07 12:03:29

Edgar,

Hm... In that case, my next question is, perhaps you're running macOS Mojave public beta? Cause if you are, we might just have a Pixelmator version with a fix for this issue. If you could send us an email to support@pixelmator.com, I'd be happy to share it with you!

2018-08-07 22:58:46

That is true, I am running this on Mojave beta. Good catch, I'll reach out to you there. THANKS!!!

2020-11-23 10:40:36

I have the issue where I can not see the insertion point on the test nor can I highlight the text to replace delete or edit it. Is there a "tool reset" to defaults for this?

Seems it has to do with bounding boxes and view mode but not easy to switch back.