Help! I changed name of file and now it won't open!

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2019-03-06 06:26:28

After spending many, many hours of many days the past couple weeks on a .pxm project, I finished it and I decided I wanted to change the name of slightly. I saved it, then got out of it. Then I went into Finder and used the rename feature to rename it. Then I tried to bring it back up and the very first time it said it was "locked" and asked me if I wanted to save it as another name. I wish I had done that. I just thought something was wrong, Xed out, made sure it wasn't locked, and tried to bring it up again. Now it says that it the document is damaged or it isn't compatible with my version of pixlemator. It is still set to open with pixelmator. I have tried bringing it up through Finder and through pixelmator. The same thing. It let me create a copy but the copy document won't open either.

Please help. All I did was rename it by removing one hyphen. I have successfully renamed other files before this with no trouble. I can still see it displaying correctly in the preview icon. What can I do?!

2019-03-06 06:42:32

OK, I found that it was doing that for all documents so I thought of something else. Relaunch pixelmator. Then everything worked normal. Whew! Thanks, anyway.

2019-03-06 13:29:19

Glad to hear you managed to sort this out yourself! If something like this happens again, feel free to email us at support@pixelmator.com for help. :ok_hand:

2019-06-30 18:40:02

While, could you please explain how you fixed this, I've read though it several times and I don’t understand. I have a very similar problem, but I didn't rename anything. I just woke up and I couldn't open any PixPro files.

Thanks