CMYK proofing comes to Pixelmator Pro

Discuss the latest Pixelmator news.

2019-10-25 15:09:29

Good news, everyone! We’ve just shipped a smaller Pixelmator Pro update with a big new feature called Soft Proof Colors. This one’s for all you print designers out there.
CMYK Proofing
Soft proofing lets you see what an image would look like when reproduced on a different output device — for example on a different monitor or when printed. And for most Pixelmator Pro users, the most important thing is being able to soft proof images with CMYK color profiles when working on designs that will be printed. As Pixelmator Pro already had the ability to convert to CMYK when exporting, with soft proofing, it becomes an even more powerful image editor for those of you creating designs for print.
A few days ago, we also started the Pixelmator Pro Upgrade Sale to encourage any original Pixelmator users to give Pixelmator Pro a chance and it’s been a great couple of days in many different ways! More on that later, but the sale ends on Tuesday, October 29th, so you have a few more days to take advantage of it — it really is a fantastic offer.

While we get back to working on Pixelmator Pro 2.0 (oh yes, we’ve already started and it’s going to be an amazing free upgrade), feel free to check out the full release notes for this update by visiting our What’s New page or just go ahead and view Pixelmator Pro 1.5.1 on the Mac App Store.

Download Now

2019-10-25 15:49:26

2019-10-25 16:11:26

by st3f 2019-10-25 12:49:54
I'm excited that you're excited! (That is excitement, right? )

2019-10-25 16:41:05

Great update With the soft proofing stuff. I like also that you worked on “reduced used resources” and improved speed.
Very caring, not only add features but also enhanced the not so “obvious” usability.

Pixelmator Pro 2.0.
Really excited what that upgrade brings...
I reckon type on path, adjustment layers, detachable tools, secondary display support and some surprises...
I would feel, it would be magic to have a tight integration with 3rd party photo services, but I know that this is “just a nice feature to have”. 😔😀

On the way to 2.0, Do you guys skip some 0.1 steps along the way? I am really excited to see the biggest update to Pixelmator pro. I reckon that this update could take a year or two until it’s released?

2019-10-25 17:35:44

by Andrius 2019-10-25 16:11:26 I'm excited that you're excited! (That is excitement, right? )
Absolutely. That print project that prompted me to look into how CMYK works got shelved. I may go poke it with a stick and see if it has some life left in it.

2019-10-29 08:49:59

by ResLes 2019-10-25 16:41:05 On the way to 2.0, Do you guys skip some 0.1 steps along the way? I am really excited to see the biggest update to Pixelmator pro. I reckon that this update could take a year or two until it’s released?
The steps are totally arbitrary — we decide what update is 1.x, 1.x.x, or x.0. The next major update is most likely going to be 2.0.
by st3f 2019-10-25 17:35:44 Absolutely. That print project that prompted me to look into how CMYK works got shelved. I may go poke it with a stick and see if it has some life left in it.
Cool! As ever, we'd love to know how it goes.

2019-12-01 13:59:04

Hi there! I've just downloaded Pixelmator Pro but can't seem to locate the Soft Proof Colours image feature under View.

Also referred to the video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NNrFn-7EaM but can't seem to locate the option as well.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

2019-12-01 19:12:22

It's here for me (v1.5.2):
What do you see?

2019-12-02 15:18:47

Due to its Metal-only pipeline, Soft Proof Colors requires Mojave or Catalina — is it possible you're using High Sierra? If so, upgrading to at least Mojave (if possible) should make the feature appear for you.