Object sizing values not showing after upgrade to Catalina

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2019-12-05 03:26:06

I often place objects on a single canvas. Prior to upgrade to Catalina, as I sized the object, I would see the size appear above it. This was very helpful, so when I placed another object next to it and sized it, the size of the object width would appear to tell when the 2 objects were the same width. Great feature.

Now under Catalina, the object sizes no longer display, so I can't tell when they are exactly the same width.

Is there a setting that changed, or is this not working anymore under Catalina?

I would appreciate any feedback....I used this feature all the time.

Thanks

2019-12-05 06:17:33

Hi Jdm2stl.
If I understand you correctly, the size of the object is part of the Info Bar.
Make sure that the bar is visible (View > Show Info Bar) and that it is showing the information you want (right click on info bar and tick or untick different items).
Hope this helps (and that I have understood you correctly).
- Stef.

2019-12-05 08:57:40

...just had a thought... did you mean the guides? The relative sizing guide can be turned on and off in Preferences.

2019-12-05 10:07:30

Hey there, I think the relative sizing guides are what you're looking for — nothing should've changed, but maybe a setting got turned off somehow, so you'll need to make sure all those things in Pixelmator > Preferences > Rulers are selected.

2019-12-05 13:48:45

Thanks for the comments. I made sure it was set right. It is working again. Thanks !!

2019-12-05 14:12:53

Yay, glad to hear it!