Effects Browser had disappeared

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2020-01-13 17:19:32

This just happened to the program I've been using for years. But I just upgraded to Catalina OS. The effects browser doesn't show. I keep toggling on/off and nothing happens. I just bought Pro out of frustration but hate the interface. Any ideas?

2020-01-13 17:24:43

Hey Geralyn, could you press the Shift-Command-R keyboard shortcut in Pixelmator, then try to show/hide the Effects browser? That shortcut resets all the palettes to their default positions, so it might help. If not, please drop us a line at support@pixelmator.com and we'll dig deeper!

2020-01-13 19:58:35

Thank you. that did it!

2020-01-14 17:09:59

Awesome, glad to hear that helped!

2021-03-10 00:25:16

I've just updated to Big Sur Version 11.2.2 and the same thing has happened to me - when I hide/ show Effects, nothing happens. I tried the Shift-Command-R trick and managed freak myself out when all the menus went transparent. After a Force Quit action, Pixelmator reloaded correctly, menus all recovered, but I still cannot hide/ show the Effects pane.

Is anyone able to help me get that back so I can finish this project?

Thanks in advance.

2021-03-17 10:09:01

by Will Taylor 2021-03-09 22:25:16 I've just updated to Big Sur Version 11.2.2 and the same thing has happened to me - when I hide/ show Effects, nothing happens. I tried the Shift-Command-R trick and managed freak myself out when all the menus went transparent. After a Force Quit action, Pixelmator reloaded correctly, menus all recovered, but I still cannot hide/ show the Effects pane.

Is anyone able to help me get that back so I can finish this project?
Pixelmator reset should help here. You can follow the steps here to learn how.