Major Pixelmator Photo update now available

Discuss the latest Pixelmator news.

2020-06-19 12:35:26

Pixelmator Photo 1.3 is out today bringing a whole bunch of great new features and improvements. We’ve added all-new shortcut menus all around the app, the ability to choose an accent color for buttons and other elements, preset management, and improved batch editing.
Check out the full blog post here.

2020-06-19 14:44:38

👍

2020-06-19 18:55:40

Super! The best!

2020-06-20 22:05:42

I used this app for the first time yesterday and I really enjoyed the experience. I am looking forward to making this app a permeate part of my photography workflow.

The only feature I am missing as of right now is the ability to use brushes and masks, but I saw in a post that this is planned later on down the road.

On a separate note... I have been using Pixelmator since version 1 and I am happy to see how well the company has grown and diversified. Congratulations on everything that has been accomplished.

2020-06-22 08:20:06

by pmathis On a separate note... I have been using Pixelmator since version 1 and I am happy to see how well the company has grown and diversified. Congratulations on everything that has been accomplished.
That's honestly very kind of you to say — thank you! :pray:

2020-06-23 02:41:02

Yes... just the basic local adjustment and masks features and all will be great. And since of WWDC announcements of apple silicon and Universal 2 do you see any accelerations in terms of Photo on the Mac, a Pro on iPad OS and so on...

2020-06-23 14:08:26

Its the BEST photo editing apps on iPad, PERIOD!!

2020-06-23 14:34:50

by Rohan 2020-06-23 02:41:02 Yes... just the basic local adjustment and masks features and all will be great. And since of WWDC announcements of apple silicon and Universal 2 do you see any accelerations in terms of Photo on the Mac, a Pro on iPad OS and so on...
Pixelmator Photo on the Mac: it's probably easier to bring over if we used Catalyst and supported it on Apple chips only but there's going to be a whole bunch of Intel Macs for a long time, so Catalyst might not necessarily be the best option if we still want to support those (and we do, of course).

Pixelmator Pro on iPadOS: for now, our code is still the same and iPadOS still has the same memory requirements, so not much has changed just yet but as we keep developing the app for Mac and add support for the new Apple silicon, it will make certain things easier. But it doesn't quite mean we can bring Pixelmator Pro to iPad in a few days. :smile: