Big Sur...

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2020-09-21 18:11:41

Hey guys - using PmC in Big Sur has not been an exact science - It feels like each beta it gets a little worse. Will there be an optimized beta of the Pixelmator Classic app in the near future? I use PmC a LOT in my daily workflow and - yes I know its a beta - but the Big Sur experience has been marginal.

Feels REALLY sluggish now... Looks like the graphical issues are no longer happening... but the app is kinda all over the place.

I can't be the only one. I'd love to test whatever ya got.

2020-09-23 14:56:38

Hey Chris, although I can't promise a quick turnaround for an update, we do plan to make the original Pixelmator compatible with Big Sur.

2020-09-23 14:58:25

As long as I'm not making it up and y'all are seeing it too. It's working - just grinds my system a bit.

2020-11-13 01:09:41

How are we doing guys? Will we have a PmC update for Big Sur soon? I love Pixelmator because I can use it on all my devices... Its "working" with Big Sur - but could be optimized for sure.

2020-11-17 19:14:12

I'm having troubles with the Quick Selection tool on Big Sur. It's showing a black and white mask instead of the picture I'm trying to select.

2020-11-18 16:00:12

What Chris said... It's obvious that Pixelmator Pro is a priority but there are many of us that depend on the first app. If its no longer being supported it would be important to know.
by Chris Fleming 2020-11-13 06:09:41 How are we doing guys? Will we have a PmC update for Big Sur soon? I love Pixelmator because I can use it on all my devices... Its "working" with Big Sur - but could be optimized for sure.

2020-11-18 16:19:14

A Pixelmator Classic update is around the corner – although it won't be full Big Sur support, the issue above will be fixed and there will be other fixes and improvements, too. It's not that Pixelmator Classic is no longer supported but updates will be less frequent as it has been succeeded by Pixelmator Pro.

If there are things you're missing from it in Pixelmator Pro (there should hopefully be almost nothing left other than, of course, the palette-based UI), do let us know what you'd like to see and we'll absolutely keep it in mind.

2020-11-18 16:42:19

If we had Pixelmator Pro on iPhone and iPad - that would be the solution for sure - the beauty of original Pixelmator is its simplicity and cross platform workflow... for mobile content producers - its the only game in town. Please don't abandon us! :)

2020-11-19 09:03:23

Oh, yeah, Pixelmator Pro on iPad (and iPhone) is a must, that's for sure. We just very consciously didn't want to halt or slow down Pixelmator Pro development to work on an iPad version when we felt Pixelmator Pro still needed (and continues to need) important features and updates. But iPad/iPhone compatibility is one of the next few things we'll be working on.