[Video Tutorial] Automation magic with Shortcuts and Pixelmator Pro

Discuss and share Pixelmator Pro resources such as templates, mockups, and tutorials.

2021-11-04 14:15:29

Pixelmator Pro 2.2 brings 28 powerful actions to the new Shortcuts app for Mac – in this tutorial, you can learn more about how to make the most of them to supercharge your image editing workflows.

2022-03-18 16:24:59

@Aurelia I intentionally posted twice.

1) How to do this with AppleScript over there, thanks for your reply there!

2) And here to see whether my use case would be possible solely with Shortcuts (a visual programming paradigm, successor of Automator). Is it possible with Shortcuts?

2023-06-24 21:22:19

Okay, I have had no need for shortcuts since they were added. Now I find that I want to explore them. This video says, at the beginning, where and how to access the pixelmator shortcuts. But there are none available on my Pixelmator Pro 3.3.10 on my M1 Studio. I have NO shortcuts except gallery shortcuts to make my shortcuts - I found one as shown in the image below. How can I get PixPro shortcuts available?

BTW, I have never had any shortcuts on my machine since first announced. How do I get pixelmator pro shortcuts??

2023-07-25 03:18:05

by mccoytest Okay, I have had no need for shortcuts since they were added. Now I find that I want to explore them. This video says, at the beginning, where and how to access the pixelmator shortcuts. But there are none available on my Pixelmator Pro 3.3.8 on my M1 Studio. I have NO shortcuts except gallery shortcuts to make my shortcuts - I found one as shown in the image below. How can I get PixPro shortcuts available?
Same here. Cannot find them in Shortcuts App.

LZ

2023-08-30 16:23:38

It appears this doesn't work with (otherwise supported) RAW files.

Is there any way to automate this workflow:
- Select a folder containing RAW files
- For each RAW file, apply a predefined Color Adjustment Preset (no Masking!)
and then convert the file to jpg
- Save all the converted files into a new folder within the original folder

Here is what I came up with, it works perfectly for folders containing other file formats, but not with RAW Images.

Thanks!

2023-09-12 12:02:20

It would be great if Pixelmator support chimed in…