Pixelmator photo 2.0

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2022-01-08 14:53:19

Hey guys,

i would like to buy pixelmator photo again and i have 2 questions.
1) Is there finally a bar where you can switch easily between pics without closing each pic all the time and then press edit again to edit another pic. An easy bar like lightroom has.

2) Can you edit your pics from an sd card without importing them on your ipad ( I dont have a lot of memory on my ipad)

Thnx and with greets,
Dennis

2022-01-19 13:14:43

Hey Dennis. Apologies for the late reply but here it is:
1) Is there finally a bar where you can switch easily between pics without closing each pic all the time and then press edit again to edit another pic. An easy bar like lightroom has.
Yes, we've recently added the filmstrip option to Pixelmator Photo. Right now, you can use it when editing in the Photos browser, though.
2) Can you edit your pics from an sd card without importing them on your ipad ( I dont have a lot of memory on my ipad)
In theory, this workflow is possible (with the Overwrite option turned on), although, I couldn't say we're super happy with the experience. There are certain things that work slower when working from external storage, and other things depend on the formatting of the SD card itself. Generally speaking, there's definitely room for improvement here, and we'd love to learn more about workflows like yours so that we could better improve them in the future.