will we ever be able to replace more than one color ?

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2022-02-19 15:53:17

will we ever?
i know this has been asked again 2-3 years ago . Its a must have feature .

whats the word ?

2022-02-28 13:46:12

Yes, this should be coming with the support for the color adjustment layers that we're already working on. :ok_hand:

2022-02-28 13:58:04

exactly when ?

2022-02-28 14:01:07

Can't share any ETA's I'm afraid. But sometime this year for sure!

Edit: At least we'll have the framework built for it in Pixelmator Pro.

2022-03-06 02:16:45

by Aurelija 2022-02-28 20:01:07 Can't share any ETA's I'm afraid. But sometime this year for sure!

Edit: At least we'll have the framework built for it in Pixelmator Pro.
Hello Aurelija, so is this for Pixelmator Photo or Pixelmator Pro?

I’m a Pixelmator Photo user, and color adjustment layers sound exciting, I hope you’re referring to Pix. Photo.

I’ve given up waiting for local adjustments 😅.. they will be welcome when they come but for what I’ve inferred from your and others responses, it will take a long time. Meanwhile color adjustment layers could get us much closer. If we can isolate individual colors to edit them in layers that would get us much closer to local control, it depends on how good the implementation is done, but I trust it will be very good. For what I’ve seen, perhaps Pixelmator Photo doesn’t offer all the big features we’re asking, but what it offers is always implemented with high quality. That’s the reason I prefer this app over others.

So back to my original question, color adjustment layers is a feature we’ll see in Pixelmator Photo sometime this year, correct?

2022-03-10 14:18:50

by Cantisani 2022-03-06 00:16:45
Hello Aurelija, so is this for Pixelmator Photo or Pixelmator Pro?

I’m a Pixelmator Photo user, and color adjustment layers sound exciting, I hope you’re referring to Pix. Photo.

I’ve given up waiting for local adjustments 😅.. they will be welcome when they come but for what I’ve inferred from your and others responses, it will take a long time. Meanwhile color adjustment layers could get us much closer. If we can isolate individual colors to edit them in layers that would get us much closer to local control, it depends on how good the implementation is done, but I trust it will be very good. For what I’ve seen, perhaps Pixelmator Photo doesn’t offer all the big features we’re asking, but what it offers is always implemented with high quality. That’s the reason I prefer this app over others.

So back to my original question, color adjustment layers is a feature we’ll see in Pixelmator Photo sometime this year, correct?
Yeah, busted. I spoke too soon, to be honest. This feature is coming to Pixelmator Pro sometime this year, if everything goes to plan. But since most features we've initially developed for Pro later came to Pixelmator Photo, I think there's a chance that adjustment layers will make it to the app one day. That said, local adjustments are much more likely to happen at this point. Sorry for the confusion!

2022-03-15 21:02:54

by Aurelija 2022-03-10 20:18:50
Yeah, busted. I spoke too soon, to be honest. This feature is coming to Pixelmator Pro sometime this year, if everything goes to plan. But since most features we've initially developed for Pro later came to Pixelmator Photo, I think there's a chance that adjustment layers will make it to the app one day. That said, local adjustments are much more likely to happen at this point. Sorry for the confusion!
No worries, I understand it was an honest mistake.

I do prefer to get local adjustments to be honest, the only problem is that it takes too long to see major features like this.

thank you for your candor!

Have a great day.