Add possibility for exporting LUT’s

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2022-03-17 04:41:14

I love the app, and I would love the possibility of exporting lut files created in the app on my Ipad

2022-03-17 17:25:55

Hey Naironman90. I'm glad to hear you'd love custom LUT support because it's already on our to-do list!

2022-03-27 06:04:34

by simonasd 2022-03-17 23:25:55 Hey Naironman90. I'm glad to hear you'd love custom LUT support because it's already on our to-do list!
Good to hear! :smiley:

I was wondering if there are plans for a split tone tool. Also, things like Clarity, Texture enhancing, stuff like that.

2022-03-29 13:14:16

Could you specify what you're looking for in a Split Tone tool? Currently you can perform color grading in Pixelmator Photo through the Color Balance adjustment, particularly if you enable 3-way colors for finer control. As for a Clarity tool and texture enhancement, Pixelmator Pro features both of them in the Clarity color adjustment - and we do have plans to bring it to Pixelmator Photo eventually.

2022-03-30 07:39:15

by simonasd Could you specify what you're looking for in a Split Tone tool? Currently you can perform color grading in Pixelmator Photo through the Color Balance adjustment, particularly if you enable 3-way colors for finer control. As for a Clarity tool and texture enhancement, Pixelmator Pro features both of them in the Clarity color adjustment - and we do have plans to bring it to Pixelmator Photo eventually.
Thanks Simon, yes I’ve been using Color Balance adjustment as you mention. One thing that I like to do when using Lightroom’s split tone tool, is to add some coloring to a black and white photo, using a color for the highlights and another for the shadows, I get something like a duotone image. This also works very nicely in a color image, but it is more evident in bw:

A subtle example. I need to find a better example, like using golden highlights and purple shadows, it looks interesting. I’m not on my computer right now but I’ll post a better example later.

2022-03-30 08:58:14

Never mind.. I was able to reproduce the same thing.

At first I couldn’t do this because I was using the black and white tool, and the Color Balance adjustment can’t add color to the photo if it is converted to BW. But!… if you simply set the saturation all the way to -100, then it works as I wanted.

2022-07-27 14:32:49

by simonasd Could you specify what you're looking for in a Split Tone tool? Currently you can perform color grading in Pixelmator Photo through the Color Balance adjustment, particularly if you enable 3-way colors for finer control. As for a Clarity tool and texture enhancement, Pixelmator Pro features both of them in the Clarity color adjustment - and we do have plans to bring it to Pixelmator Photo eventually.
#simonasd: You said that clarity is featured in Pixelmator Pro in the Clarity color adjustment. Unfortunately, I cannot find it (there or somewhere else). Did I miss something? Thank you for letting me/us know.

2022-08-13 20:10:08

by Dietrich
#simonasd: You said that clarity is featured in Pixelmator Pro in the Clarity color adjustment. Unfortunately, I cannot find it (there or somewhere else). Did I miss something? Thank you for letting me/us know.
i also cannot find a clarity/definition slider. its a editing feature in apples native photo app so i would love to see it added ot pixelmator or at least pointed out to us