Moving/rotating the layer does not affect mask!

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2022-03-21 08:56:45

There was always (at least for last year) an annoying bug in Pixelmator Pro, and after last update it became even worse, making the program hard to use.

In short words - transforming (moving, flipping, rotating) the layer sometimes does not affect the mask! E.g., when you drag the layer, mask stays on its previous position! The only workaround is to create a group with this only layer, and moving, flipping or rotating the whole group.

This not always happens - and from my experience it happens on complicated projects with many layers and a lot of editing. I cannot figure out the deterministic sequence of actions that leads directly to this bug - just after a while I discover such bad behaving layers in my projects.

Until last update, only flipping was affected by the bug, so I could live with it, as I do not use flipping very often. But last update introduced this bug to moving and rotating, which are essential actions! This makes Pixelmator Pro almost unusable.

I prepared the example project by copying the problematic layer from one of my project. I tried to attach it to this post, but I'm not sure it worked, so I put it on google drive, here is the link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14VxXWj ... sp=sharing

This project has only one layer with mask. When you start dragging this layer, you'l find that mask stays on its position, which makes deformation to the layer.

Greetings,
zbrodel

2022-03-21 10:49:35

Hey zbrodel! Thanks for taking the time to report this and share the sample file. The team's already working on a fix. We'll be shipping it as soon as possible. Apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime!

P.S. The workaround of grouping the layer and then flipping the group should still work.

2022-03-29 14:17:23

Thank you for the fix, Pixelmator Team!

You've made Pixelmator great again :wink:

2022-04-05 11:44:56

by zbródel 2022-03-29 11:17:23 Thank you for the fix, Pixelmator Team!

You've made Pixelmator great again :wink:
Hey, no problem! Glad to hear it's all working again for you. :)