New to Pixelmator Pro: Warping Text around a 3D sphere

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2022-03-24 21:13:48

I know Adobe Illustrator can do this, but it goes against my religion to pay Adobe's subscription fee. So I'm wanting to exhaust all options before I break down and pay them.

I need to warp some text around a transparent 3D sphere, and I need it to remain in Vector format so I don't lose any resolution.

Can this be done in Pixelmator Pro? And if so, could you provide the step-by-step?

Thanks.

RBinKC

2022-03-25 14:31:54

Hi RBinKC, you can achieve something along those lines by using the Path Type tool to create text along a curve, and then skew it using one of two options:

A. Edit > Transform... . After performing the transform operation, the skewed text will get converted into vector shapes, to which you could make more detailed adjustments if need be via Control-click > Make Editable. Though keep in mind that the text will no longer be formattable.

B. If you don't need that much control over your text and would like to keep it formattable, you can use the nondestructive Perspective Transform effect in the Effects tool instead.