Export for web - Quality percentage <-> file size

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2022-04-28 07:05:38

I would love the ability to use the "Quality percentage" interchangeably with the file size under “Export for Web”.

On top of the ability to change the quality percent until it estimates a file size I would like, for example 1MB. I would like the ability to set the file size to 1MB and have the quality level adjusted to accommodate this.

For example I export pictures for Instagram in 2160 x 2700 and aim for 1MB file size to avoid Instagrams terrible compression. Currently I have to guesstimate the quality percentage needed to achieve a file size of 1MB, and that can take more tries than I would like to admit some times :)

Another one would be to have the option to export at a certain resolution (using super resolution, etc. ) rather than a scale factor. As of now I use super resolution to resize the above files to 2160 x 2700, use export for web to guesstimate the file size of 1 MB for export and then I have to undo the super resolution to 2160 x 2700 and save the image.
I do this because the images are often downsized from a higher resolution and I would like to preserve that in the saved file, but the exported file to be 2160x.

Thanks for a great product!

2022-05-03 12:18:08

Hi buster, while I can't say that this feature is a priority for us at the moment, it has been on our feature request list ever since you originally emailed it to us. We'll keep it in mind for the future!

2022-05-05 05:42:49

by simonasd 2022-05-03 09:18:08 Hi buster, while I can't say that this feature is a priority for us at the moment, it has been on our feature request list ever since you originally emailed it to us. We'll keep it in mind for the future!
Thanks for this Simonas!
I posted it here as well to see if there was maybe more people in the community that would love this feature or if it was only me :)

2022-05-05 15:49:57

:ok_hand: