How can I export to file and retain the transparent background layer?

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2022-06-07 21:07:29

I have this pixelmator pro document:
When I export it, the transparent pixels of the image outside the rectangle the palm tree is in disappear. Every time I export it, whatever the format, when I drop it into a new pixelmator document the image is only the size of the palm tree. It has a transparent background, but none of the background outside of the rectangular space that the palm tree takes up. It is very important that I am able to preserve the dimensions of this image, and that it does not get smaller when I try to use it as I need the exact spacing that the canvas size provides. How do I export this exactly as it looks like in the picture? many thanks.

2022-06-10 08:59:00

I don´t understand the difficulties you run into. Except jpeg all export files formats supports alpha channel.
It´s really nothing more than cmd+E for export, choose format - hit Export… to give name and setting path to folder or destiny - done.
Even extending page size via crop tool will maintain transparent area.

2022-06-13 14:02:33

Doesn't work for me.

2022-06-13 18:05:26

Way too less info.
Maybe describe what you´re trying step-by-step and upload an example file perhaps. Probably you have a color filled image layer under your transparent design layer which you can adjust in the Preferences under "new Image Contents:" - but it wouldn´t look like what´s in your screenshot above.

2022-06-14 09:47:59

>>>>>