Masking

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Photo?

2022-06-16 09:38:40

Sometimes you don't like to apply a color correction to the entire image. For that other apps (including Pixelmator Pro) have the opportunity to create adjustments for the entire image (just like in Pixelmator Photo) and another tool to create maskings for adjustments. This would be gamechanging for my workflows...

2022-06-30 13:30:49

Hey there, masking and local adjustments are on our roadmap!

2022-07-21 17:38:34

Great to hear!

2022-07-26 01:23:17

Can't wait to try it !

Maybe an "AI-based selection tool" ? to create a mask for the sky, portrait, tree, etc.

2022-09-17 17:00:22

by simonasd Hey there, masking and local adjustments are on our roadmap!
Awesome to know! Import of LUTs aswell?

Any news when masking will be available? Just to know if i have to subscribe to a service of another app so i have masking

Thanks for the awesome apps! Keep it up!

2022-09-27 03:53:04

Another vote for local adjustments. I like the way Darkroom has implemented this. But I like everything else better in Pixelmator Photo, so looking forward to se how you guys implement it. Hopefully it is ready once the Mac version comes out!

2022-11-06 19:39:08

And another vote for masking. This would be a huge leap forward for Pixelmator Photo and my editing workflow.

2023-03-10 14:05:19

Where in the Roadmap is it.? Because Photo is the only one that got no masking in it from all the Pro Apps out there.
Love to see it come.! and than also get some better highlight details from the app.
by simonasd Hey there, masking and local adjustments are on our roadmap!

2023-04-28 07:23:29

Update: Photomator 2.3 (previously Pixelmator Photo) now has masking! You can now make selections of people, backgrounds, and skies automatically using AI, create gradient and brush-based selections. Learn more on our blog.

2023-04-28 07:34:30

by Aurelija Update: Photomator 2.3 (previously Pixelmator Photo) now has masking! You can now make selections of people, backgrounds, and skies automatically using AI, create gradient and brush-based selections. Learn more on our blog.
And they are fantastic, thank you!

They still can be polished a little, but indeed they're more than I expected in their debut. Great work.