Multiple masks (and mask types) in the same layer

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2022-06-23 18:05:10

Multiple Masks
I would love to be able to have multiple masks for the same layer.
With the current mask implementation its looks as if this feature is here, because masks are shown in their own row, like layers, but you can have only one mask.

Multiple Kind of Masks
Also, it would be great if any kind of object can be used as a mask. For example, a circle (or any vector) that can control the layer opacity by using a radial gradient. And why not a text layer? Layers could be allowed to be dragged in and out of other layers, turning them into masks and into normal layers again.

Masks booleans
The last Lightroom version (2022) allows masks that can add, subtract and intersect. With multiple masks per layer, this would be a great addendum.

Current alternatives
With clipping masks it is possible to use groups with multiple layers of different types and use them as a mask. You can even use booleans with vectors! The problem is that it doesn't work for effects and color adjustments layers.

Another way is to create the group of object that I want to use as a mask, then Edit > Load Selection, add the mask, and hide the group. But if I want to make a change to the mask, it isn't very practical. I wouldn't be able to preview the changes and I will probably end up going many times through the same process to have the desired result.