Looking to switch to Mac Air but photoeditor software is holding me back

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2022-07-29 18:26:26

I have been using a software called paintshop pro for > 15 years. I am not a graphics designer but I use it to modify images for presentations etc. Its really fast and easy to use. I want to get a MAC AIR and want an inexpensive software that can do what my old Paintshop pro can do.
I had downloaded a new version of Paintshop pro on my work PC and it was terrible. SLOW SLOW SLOW and complex.
Can Pixelmator pro do everything with simple tools? Crop, layers, trim, recolor, reshape , resize, re-resolution, paint , erase, clone, etc??
Help, if I cant find a good Mac photo/graphics software I have to go with PC :(

2022-07-29 18:52:55

And will it work on the new Mac Air M2?

2022-07-30 09:49:40

Yep, get one with 16GB Ram though. My wife has one and it works great.
You might want to get a bigger SSD if you don't want to carry an external drive around.

2022-08-03 14:01:02

Hi Dannnv. Yup, Pixelmator Pro features all of the tools and functionality you listed, and more! What's more, it runs natively on Apple Silicon Macs and will work great on the M2 chip out of the box. If you'd like to explore the capabilities of Pixelmator Pro in more detail, you can browse through our user guide or take a look at our tutorials page. And if you have any more questions, feel free to ask us here!