Pixelmator Pro 3.1 adds support for macOS 13, AVIF images, introduces smooth corner style, and more

Discuss the latest Pixelmator news.

2022-11-02 14:06:40

Today, we’ve released Pixelmator Pro 3.1 which brings support for macOS Ventura, and adds a few more neat features, such as an ultra-fast document opening, initial support for AVIF images, an all-new smooth corner style, individual corner radius editing, and more.

Learn more about the update in our blog.

2022-11-02 15:48:14

Yay! It was only a couple years ago that I discovered squircles. I was continually fighting with making icon corners match. Now that it's directly supported in Pixelmator I can do away with those imperfect squircles I manually created!

2022-11-02 16:47:59

AVIF support is great. Are you planning to implement this file format also for export for web?

Does Pix Pro support metal 3?

Thank you.

2022-11-02 19:39:32

Where is the panorama stitching ?

2022-11-02 20:07:25

Thank you for a great update with speed improvements and AVIF support! Hoping for AVIF-export support in the future :D

2022-11-03 05:32:01

Another great update as always. You guys Rock! AVIF-export support would be great if this is the new format we all should be using now for the web.

2022-11-03 06:28:44

by @webtread Another great update as always. You guys Rock! AVIF-export support would be great if this is the new format we all should be using now for the web.
I am very eager to get Avif but to be honest browsers support and adoption in end users side take a while. I think 3 to 5 years.

2022-11-03 11:06:33

Adjust the radius of individual corners and Squirrels finally come! :heart_eyes:

2022-11-03 11:41:56

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! We're glad you're enjoying the update. :party_face:
by ResLes Are you planning to implement this file format also for export for web?
That's the plan!
Does Pix Pro support metal 3?
Yes!
by Panagiotis Where is the panorama stitching ?
We're not planning to add panorama stitching to Pixelmator Pro but we're considering it for Pixelmator Photo. It's a feature for a longer-term future, though.

2022-11-03 20:26:09

by ResLes
I am very eager to get Avif but to be honest browsers support and adoption in end users side take a while. I think 3 to 5 years.
Yeah makes sense. I’m still using .jpg and .png on most websites using TinyPNG to compress but will be great to have a new, well supported format.

2022-11-04 18:11:56

by Aurelija Thanks for the kind words, everyone! We're glad you're enjoying the update. :party_face:

That's the plan!

Yes!

Thank you

2022-11-04 18:15:23

by @webtread
Yeah makes sense. I’m still using .jpg and .png on most websites using TinyPNG to compress but will be great to have a new, well supported format.
Yes, I have used these plugins in the past, but I use Pix Pro for exporting webp images and can control the image quality quite nicely. 95 of broweser support webp. AVIF will take a few years to be wide spread.

One less plugin for me...

2023-06-19 06:01:55

by Aurelija We're not planning to add panorama stitching to Pixelmator Pro but we're considering it for Pixelmator Photo. It's a feature for a longer-term future, though.
Wow, this is surprising given I've seen requests for it going back as far as 2018. To not even be considering it is amazing. I own Affinity Photo, Photoshop, Capture One, Photomator and Pixelmator Pro and I've been mulling over which to keep and which to dump. I really like Pixelmator but I do a lot of panoramas so Pixelmator (I won't call it 'pro' without stitching) will be one of the ones which goes.

Fotor, Affinity Photo, Photoshop, Capture One, Gimp, Lightroom, Photoshop Elements and even Google Photos support it. Why would you not think Pixelmator Pro should have it?