PIxelmator Pro takes a very long time to launch and then takes an equally long time to open first file

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2023-02-17 14:07:56

Pixelmator Pro takes a very long time (several minutes) to launch on my machine and then when it finally does launch, it takes it another several minutes to either open a file or create a new, empty one. Sometimes it gets stuck during the launch process and I have to force quit. Provided it launches and opens the first file (not guaranteed), it works fairly efficiently, but the boot up process is extremely sluggish. It makes me hesitant to shut down the application or machine because I have to allow ten minutes just for the application to get going.

By way of contrast, Classic launches almost instantaneously.

Is anyone else experiencing similar issues?

2023-02-17 14:36:42

Hi there! Is Pixelmator Pro reopening multiple projects on launch? It may take longer to launch if such projects are too large or if there are too many of them to be reopened. Once you get Pixelmator Pro to open, try closing each project tab individually so that they will no longer be automatically queued for opening (or you can quickly reset your Pixelmator Pro cache and document data by following this user guide article).