A couple of things to improve for the new masks

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2023-04-14 19:12:13

I think they're fantastic, specially the subject and background masks, they work almost flawlessly. I'm extremely happy about the ability to add or subtract masks. The gradient masks (linear and round) are perfect, especially since you can add or subtract a "subject" mask.

Now..

Color range and Sky are hit and miss. If the Sky has any clouds in it, it just doesn't do the job, the selection is very poor. Color range is the same story, I think it needs extra controls, a couple of color selections to make it a real color range selection. I'm sure these two will be improved in time.

One other thing: the brush controls are limited. There are many situations where you want to use a really huge and extra soft brush, Ive done this in Lr countless times. I would increase the size of the brush at least to $500% or 800% (judging by what 200% accomplishes right now in Photomator) and softness at least 300%. I mean, the max softness should translate to an extra soft airbrush. That would be super helpful.

Oh, and if an edge detection can be added to the brush, that would be fantastic, making the brush truly useful.

Thanks!