Get rid of "Allow pixelmator to..." popups on Mac

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2023-05-17 06:30:43

It seems like to do anything with Photomator on Mac, you constantly need to click in and out of multiple "allow Photomator to..." popups. Why is this an issue? It seems like a huge hurdle to efficency, especially when using Photomator to organize and delete photos en masse.

Any help in disabling this popup would be appreciated!

2023-05-17 15:05:09

Hi there! I'm afraid there's no way around that right now - Photomator integrates deeply with Photos and saves changes to Photos directly. And, in order to modify an image within Photos, Photomator needs permission from Photos to do so. However, we're always looking for ways to improve and speed up editing workflows so we'll be working on reducing the amount of permissions needed in the future.

We’re working with Apple to sort this out, and this behavior should also get less intrusive after Files browser support is added in a future update.

2023-05-17 15:37:47

Got it, thanks!

2023-08-06 00:09:35

Please work with Apple faster. I don't want to use Photos and thought I could import items from outside Photos but edits are being placed inside Photos and I just paid for Photomator. Argh. Not Happy.

2024-01-20 16:29:27

I'm also having the same issue. I like to have one hand on my arrow keys for navigation and the other to delete. I added a keyboard shortcut for Cmd + D to equal "Delete 1 Photo"; however, I have to reach across the keyboard to press enter every time I delete something. In the grand scheme of things, this is not really that big of a deal, but it is a noticeable inconvenience/bottleneck. I actually signed up in this community just to chime in here since I recently bought Photomator and was hoping for greater ease.

2024-01-22 15:52:22

As you may understand that dialog you refer to is coming from Apple photos, not Photomator itself. I had made a suggestion in the past related to the same issue that does not rely on Apple to do anything. Asking Apple to change something must be like trying to move a mountain... Here is how it goes.

1. Photomator add a deletion TAG which is associated with a key, say "d".
2. as you go through the pictures you tag them for deletion with d and keep going
3. when done tagging (which is called culling) you go and do the actual delete tag pictures. You will get the Apple dialog only once and delete all pictures at the same time.

Personally I do this already using the Favorite tag, but it is not ideal since that tag has other usages and if you're not diligent finishing the deletion process you end-up confuse. A dedicated tag would be better. A 5 starts system would also work since one could use the 1 star rating a a delete tag.

You can kind of do that with a Cmd-click to select multiple pictures but unlike the tag, a wrong click and you loose all your selection which is very annoying, and you can do nothing else than select pictures once started.

2024-01-22 16:44:23

Its the same in the latest beta using file browser, each time you delete you have to Ok it - unless you group delete like Martin states above.

Hence I use Fastrawviewer for culling and very rarely delete from within Photomator

Shelton.

2024-01-23 14:43:55

by Shelton Its the same in the latest beta using file browser, each time you delete you have to Ok it - unless you group delete like Martin states above.

Hence I use Fastrawviewer for culling and very rarely delete from within Photomator

Shelton.
FastRawViewer is an excellent tool for quickly sorting RAW files. It is very inexpensive and goes on sale for under $20 USD a few times a year.

2024-01-23 14:48:01

Feedback noted! However, in the files browser, you can use the Command-Delete shortcut to move a photo to the Trash without confirmation. :pray:

2024-01-23 22:59:14

by Andrius Feedback noted! However, in the files browser, you can use the Command-Delete shortcut to move a photo to the Trash without confirmation. :pray:
But that is not for pictures in the Photos Library I assume ? A tag-for-deletion feature would be very welcome