Smart Album Support

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Photo?

2023-06-05 07:26:08

If possible it would be nice to have smart albums show up in Photomator for Mac. Auto sorting RAW files would be a handy feature and untangle them from the rest of the Photo Library as to sift through them easier and edit/export in bulk.

2023-06-19 11:16:23

We're currently unable to provide Smart Album support due to the lack of a supporting API from Apple's side. That said, Photomator does support Media Types albums from Photos. You can conveniently filter your library for RAW photos. To do this, simply select RAW as a media type under the Other Albums category.

2023-06-19 16:28:37

Thank you Aurelija! Hopefully Apple can add some API for accessing them sooner rather than later. I had thought giving album access would’ve included this. I use smart albums to separate out RAWs & JPEGs by camera model. Shifting to Photomator I’m getting used to Photos as a DAM but I suppose I can just make manual albums and copy the smart album contents then keep them up to date.

2023-06-29 04:58:41

That’s what I do. A bit of a fudge, but at least it’s possible to see something this way.

Smart Albums just simply are not supported across iCloud, they don’t even appear in Apple Photos across different devices. Indeed, there’s a few things that aren’t supported across iCloud, such as Keywords - although if you apply them using a desktop version, they are searchable on mobile devices.