Erase and paint not working on a photo

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2023-06-16 09:27:52

Just as of today, both the erase and paint functions are not working on my Pixelmator pro.
I am using an Imac M1, and have been using Pixelmator Pro for many months without any issues.
I have checked all the usual possible issues but the erase just does not do anything when I go over part of a photo, I really am in a bind as I have a lot of work to do, but today I have not been able to either erase on a layer or paint either.
Other functions such as warp are working ok on the same photo (layer) that is non responsive to erase or paint.
Hope someone can help me out here, has there been an update yesterday that may be causing me an issue ?

2023-06-16 09:52:49

Hi there! Could you send the Pixelmator Pro document in question over to us at support@pixelmator.com so we could take a closer look at this?

2023-06-16 19:49:17

First thing I´d check is the Opacity setting - but a screenshot of your tool settings might had helped.

2023-06-17 02:47:46

by simonasd Hi there! Could you send the Pixelmator Pro document in question over to us at support@pixelmator.com so we could take a closer look at this?
It's not just the one document though that is at issue,
I have tried to work on both a new document and also going back over older PXD files and its the same issue so it surely can't be a particular file that is the issue here ?
If no one else is getting this problem then its something i've possibly done but frustratingly I cannot find what it may be , I have used Pixelmator for many years now, (both Pixelmator and Pro) so I can check the easy things that it might be, but this is something else that I can not see.

2023-06-17 03:28:20

by simonasd Hi there! Could you send the Pixelmator Pro document in question over to us at support@pixelmator.com so we could take a closer look at this?
I just started a screen recording via Quicktime on my Imac (M1) to show the issue I have been having with the erase and paint functions not working.
The first attempt at erase still did not work, but the paint actually started working again, and then the erase worked ok.
How could recording the screen fix the issue in Pixelmator pro ?
Obviously if I get this issue again i will try the same "fix", but in the meantime I am happy that it's working again just wonder why though I have had this issue for a few days.

2023-08-17 12:19:16

I have the same problems on one of my iMacs. Is there a solution found by now?

2023-09-25 18:08:50

I have the same problem iMac M1.