Problem with erasing and painting on a photo

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2023-06-16 09:30:20

Just as of today, both the erase and paint functions are not working on my Pixelmator pro.
I am using an Imac M1, and have been using Pixelmator Pro for many months without any issues.
I have checked all the usual possible issues but the erase just does not do anything when I go over part of a photo, I really am in a bind as I have a lot of work to do, but today I have not been able to either erase on a layer or paint either.
Other functions such as warp are working ok on the same photo (layer) that is non responsive to erase or paint.
Hope someone can help me out here, has there been an update yesterday that may be causing me an issue ?

2023-06-16 19:47:07

First thing I´d check is the Opacity setting - but a screenshot of your tool settings might had helped.

2023-06-17 02:25:46

by EllenM First thing I´d check is the Opacity setting - but a screenshot of your tool settings might had helped.
Ok will try a screenshot maybe even a screen capture(video) to follow, I have seriously tried all the usual things including the opacity - I have been using Pixelmator for many years and this issue is something new to me.