What's difference of this two this two Filename?

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2023-06-18 08:18:48

when I clean my iCloud storage, I find these two difference file in the Pixelmator file folder.

The two file both could be edit by Pixelmator, and some of them record the same photo. :dizzy_face: What's difference?

2023-06-19 10:10:32

Looks like:
Left: Original
Right: Stored edits for Reverting back in history?

2023-06-19 12:34:04

The .photo files on the left are photos saved in a proprietary Photomator file format. You can choose to save or export photos to this file format manually. In the meantime, .photo-edit files on the right are Photomator's linked files — they get automatically created on your Mac or in iCloud to store edits when editing photos nondestructively. It's similar to PXD and .pxd-sidecar files in Pixelmator Pro.

2023-06-19 14:09:45

by Aurelija The .photo files on the left are photos saved in a proprietary Photomator file format. You can choose to save or export photos to this file format manually. In the meantime, .photo-edit files on the right are Photomator's linked files — they get automatically created on your Mac or in iCloud to store edits when editing photos nondestructively. It's similar to PXD and .pxd-sidecar files in Pixelmator Pro.
:smile:  thank you