Stroke style Inside & Outside of text in Pixelmator Pro not editable.

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2023-10-21 18:54:18

I copied this from the forum

viewtopic.php?t=24220

2023-12-14 21:52:39

Copied here: This bug persists, even in the newest version - A terrible bug - I think that text and shapes styles should behave the same. "terrible bug" is my search term.

2023-12-14 22:32:23

The oldest PixPro version I have is v3.3.8, it is bad too, but different; middle piece of text with same text style.

2023-12-14 23:57:43

This bug has been a thing since they changed how styles are applied when they changed it into the different dropdown menu.

2024-01-12 17:13:43

In PixPro 3.5.5 (Flare) Text styles are still greyed out for Strokes - present but unusable.

2024-01-25 21:11:06

PixPro 3.5.6 (Flair) still does not honor text styles - still greyed out - no better though release note said it was "Fixed"

"• When adjusting fonts, certain font attributes would not be available in the Typography settings. Fixed."

Though they don't say what attributes were fixed.

2024-01-26 09:23:50

The issue fixed was somewhat different. It specifically related to different font attributes (like glyph variants) not being displayed in the Typography settings or working incorrectly. The Typography palette is part of the macOS Fonts window, which is different from the Type tool options or styles in Pixelmator Pro. I hope this clears things up! :blush:

2024-01-26 14:39:05

Aurelija, thank you. Is there somewhere users can look for greater detail of the release notes, or changes?

2024-02-22 17:07:16

Redux: Stroke style Inside & Outside of text in Pixelmator Pro not editable.

Oddly, in looking at this inconsistency again in Pixelmator Pro 3.5.7, I tried something different. When both a text and shape are selected the inside & outside stroke styles are editable and accepted - though both are strikingly different - they are editable.
However when just the text is selected the stroke style is greyed out not edible when it appears as it should be.

2024-03-13 22:30:31

this is really stupid!.. I had to downgrade to get my files to work properly again as I always use the stroke effect with text..

2024-03-16 22:26:24

I'm a new user and I really like Pixelmator but this error limits the workflow a lot. Do you have any idea if this problem will be solved or if it's something already official from the software? Since what version did this problem start?

2024-04-12 14:35:35

VERY happy to report that PixPro version 3.5.8 fixes the style disparities as shown previously, far above. Now, as in this image, selecting a text and a shape derived from the same text match styles when both are selected. Image
Interesting that if you move a letter shape OUT, above or below, of the shape "group" you can change the styles of that letter as desired - Cool. But if you move it back into the the shape "group" it swaps back to the style of the group. Not expected but fine. Easy to work around. Image
However You can take ALL the letters out of the default shape text group (The default shape group goes away) You can then change any letters as you like, select them, and put them in a new group (⌘g) Within that new group you can edit letters individually as you desire. Now I just need a KBD shortcut to do just that - Maybe there is a way already - ⇧⌘g doesn't do it, but it COULD... Image