com.pixelmatorteam.PTImageIO.ErrorDomain error 2001

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2023-10-30 01:32:45

I found an old map on a website but it's a 3gb tiff file (39000 x 28406 px) and I wanted to downsize it a bit so it wouldn't take 3-5business days to open, so I exported it to HEIC, but it takes 30sec and then shows me
com.pixelmatorteam.PTImageIO.ErrorDomain error 2001
is there any solution to it?

2023-11-01 14:10:27

Can you give the URL to the original map? Its also good to have you hardware and OS and PixPro versions.

2023-11-02 15:04:39

by mccoytest Can you give the URL to the original map? Its also good to have you hardware and OS and PixPro versions.

https://digitalarchive.mcmaster.ca/islandora/object/macrepo%3A78179
i downloaded the tiff version

i have a M1 macbook and idk the pixpro version but it’s probably the most updated one as i have app store with auto updates

2023-11-02 20:01:50

I was able to right click and "download the linked file" from that site - not click on the tiff link to display the page - bad idea.

I was able to open it in PixPro but it is awesome large and slow to straighten, fix borders, etc - prettify the image on my Apple Studio M1 Max 32 GB Sonoma with PixPro Version 3.4.3 (Camelot)

Methinks you run out of ram.

2023-11-02 22:39:05

by mccoytest I was able to right click and "download the linked file" from that site - not click on the tiff link to display the page - bad idea.

I was able to open it in PixPro but it is awesome large and slow to straighten, fix borders, etc - prettify the image on my Apple Studio M1 Max 32 GB Sonoma with PixPro Version 3.4.3 (Camelot)

Methinks you run out of ram.
lmao my macbook has 8GB, pixelmator was the only place where i could get it even open without stuttering much (only takes 3 business days to open the file but once open it’s workable. just not saveable

2023-11-03 16:11:26

by antniomanso
lmao my macbook has 8GB, pixelmator was the only place where i could get it even open without stuttering much (only takes 3 business days to open the file but once open it’s workable. just not saveable
Really, 3 business days? Opens much less than a minute with another very quick tab.