Problem with text layers as vectors

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2023-11-11 09:37:52

Hello, I found an error:

- Start Pixelmator Pro
- Open *.jpg
- click on “Text”
- Write a text, I used the font "Arial", but the error occurs with any other font.
- 1000 pixels so you can see the error better
- click on the text layer and add a new mask
- click on “Gradient Fill”.
- Now place the filling while holding down the mouse button. Now you will notice that this works very, very slowly and the colorful ball appears.
- If you convert the text layer to a pixel layer, the error does not occur, it only affects the vector layer

I use a Mac Mini with 16GB RAM and 512 SSD, it runs Ventura.
It would be nice if the error was corrected.

Best regards
Leif

2023-11-11 14:57:28

Could you describe the actual error - what goes wrong; it is unclear to me? Can you provide an example? The steps you went thru were very good, but what was the desired result?

And thanks for giving your hardware description - always helpful.

2023-11-11 18:01:07

@mccoytest

The problem is that you can only create a gradient very, very slowly.
If you try to adjust the course while holding down the mouse button (move the mouse left / right), then this runs in slow motion and the colorful ball appears. I have now also tested this under Sonoma, same result.

2023-11-12 15:03:11

I am obtuse - I don't know what adding a mask to a text element does. I followed your outline and could not reproduce the "beachball." But I have a different setup, Mac Studio (2022) M1 Max, Memory 32 GB, Storage 2 TB SSD, macOS Sonoma 14.1

2023-11-12 19:09:13

The problem with “slow motion” may also occur here, but is not visible due to the better MAC!?
I help by converting to pixels but this is not a proper solution.