Pixelmator Pro Opens Very Slowly

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2024-01-12 12:15:14

When I launch Pixelmator Pro it is very slow to open (about 30-60 seconds). Once the app is open, it works fine and can open and save new documents with no problem. This issue has only happened within the last few months. I am using Pixelmator Pro 2.4.7 Odessa, on Mac OS 10.15.7.

I have tried deleting the appropriate folders from Library / Containers (the ones called "Pixelmatorteam"). I have also tried deleting and re-installing the Pixelmator Pro app. Neither fixed the problem. I have searched, but have been unable to find a fix so far.

My current workaround is just to leave Pixelmator Pro open all of the time, but I would like to fix it properly.

Many thanks.

2024-01-12 16:59:46

You have very old versions of MacOS and PixPro - if you cannot upgrade to the latest versions it is difficult to think about a fix/workaround, but I would try moving PixPro to the trash (not remove) and re-downloading it. You can always recover it from the trash if that fails. The current versions are: MacOS Sonoma 14.2.1 and Pix Pro 3.5.5 (Flare). I noticed the same problem some time ago that went away with an update.