Add sliders to 'fix' Apple's RAW processing

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Photo?

2024-01-23 18:07:42

I don't know if anyone else wants this, but I would like for Photomator to add sliders to control Apple's RAW processing. I'm talking about sliders like the ones that RAW Power, and Apple Aperture before it, have:

-boost
-black boost
-luma noise
-color noise
-detail
-moire
-raw sharpen
-raw contrast

I find Apple's RAW processing to be...not very good. They apply a lot of their own contrast, sharpening, etc., whichI find makes it very difficult to work with RAW files, especially for dynamic range recovery (highlights, shadows), and to get the look I want. It's one of the several things that keeps me from switching to Photomator over Adobe and Capture One.

2024-02-20 07:46:38

+1
by Nadeem I don't know if anyone else wants this, but I would like for Photomator to add sliders to control Apple's RAW processing. I'm talking about sliders like the ones that RAW Power, and Apple Aperture before it, have:

-boost
-black boost
-luma noise
-color noise
-detail
-moire
-raw sharpen
-raw contrast

I find Apple's RAW processing to be...not very good. They apply a lot of their own contrast, sharpening, etc., whichI find makes it very difficult to work with RAW files, especially for dynamic range recovery (highlights, shadows), and to get the look I want. It's one of the several things that keeps me from switching to Photomator over Adobe and Capture One.

2024-02-22 10:51:23

YES! PLEASE!

If the Photomator-Team is really serious about building an alternative to Lightroom, this should be their #1 priority.

Apple's RAW-Processing is absolute shit (sorry, but true).

2024-02-22 16:21:55

I shoot RAW+JPEG and I even with the update today, still no way to easily pick which file to edit when opening a photo. Must make the with in Apple Photos or using a global default selection in Photomator settings. Seriously, just add a menu option to choose Open RAW or Open JPEG, so simple yet they don't get it done despite the complaints.

On the topic of Apple RAW, also related is lens correction. There is no way to know that Apple does and does not with that regards, yet Photomator says nothing about that. I am more and more frustrated with Photomator, their focus on editing iPhone photos and their inability to properly pictures taken with other equipment. They rely on Apple for everything equipment related (RAW, lens) and they should not.

2024-02-22 16:36:31

by Martin Chalifoux On the topic of Apple RAW, also related is lens correction. There is no way to know that Apple does and does not with that regards, yet Photomator says nothing about that. I am more and more frustrated with Photomator, their focus on editing iPhone photos and their inability to properly pictures taken with other equipment. They rely on Apple for everything equipment related (RAW, lens) and they should not.
On Point!

2024-03-13 13:37:30

by Nadeem I don't know if anyone else wants this, but I would like for Photomator to add sliders to control Apple's RAW processing. I'm talking about sliders like the ones that RAW Power, and Apple Aperture before it, have:
-boost
-black boost
-luma noise
-color noise
-detail
-moire
-raw sharpen
-raw contrast

I agree with you.

2024-03-14 08:05:13

+1

2024-03-15 14:22:21

-boost
-black boost
-luma noise
-color noise
-detail
-moire
-raw sharpen
-raw contrast

One thing that irks me is that Apple Photos includes the ability to adjust for luminance and color noise out of the box. I appreciate that Photomator has the ability to adjust for noise reduction, but having a generic slider bar feels like a bit of a downgrade from the default Apple app.