Wish List for New Pixelmator Pro Features?

A place to talk about anything else with other Pixelmator users.

2024-02-08 03:34:54

I am floored at the amazing value that Pixelmator Pro offers, and I use it as my daily driver for image editing. The correct importing of PSD files without kill the text layout (unlike some other Photoshop alternatives), the awesome AI upscaling, and the Applescript support are all greatly appreciated.

I thought I would start a thread where we could discuss what features we'd like to see in the future.

Better Stroke?

Am I crazy, or is there no way to set the stroke to 'outer' 'middle' and 'inner'? In Photoshop I would do an 'outer' stroke and usually be happy with the results, but this looks terrible. I am trying to re-create the effect of a professional subtitle easily since I need to make edits like these for blog posts or social media.

Better Text Styles

I like that we can make text styles, but there seem to some limitations. Like, styles don't seem to be part of the text styles, so if I had set the stroke to exactly what I wanted, it wouldn't be part of a saved custom text style.

Also, can text styles be tied to an iCloud account? It would be super useful to set my styles and have them replicated across my three machines.

Paste Into
It's great that we can edit videos with PMP and all, but one of the basic functions I'd love to get added is Paste Into, which lets us draw a box and paste an image into that, creating a mask that keeps the image inside that space. I do posts like this for Japanese voice actress birthdays, and it's quite a challenge to manually cut the images out, and they can't be moved/shifted afterward.

Customizable Tool Key Shortcuts

Finally, I'd like to request that we get the ability to set keyboard shortcuts for tools. I'd much rather have O select the round selection tool rather than the clone tool, for example.

Anyone have any other features they'd like to see added?