UI Issues

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2024-02-24 21:04:30

Just getting started with Photomator and have run into some issues.

(1) When you are using the File Access mode, you can select a folder that has many subfolders. (In my case, the parent is "Photos Active", and it has camera specific folders (A7RV and OM-1), and sub-folders which have event/date sets of images, and then raw and jpeg/heif images.). The app "imports" all these images (thousands) pretty quickly and shows you a screen full of large thumbnails. I can then expand the file tree and click on any specific sub-folder and it shows me those images. But it doesn't highlight or flag in any way the subfolder I have selected. I forget sometimes! The only way to figure that out is to use the "show in finder" option. The selected folder needs to be flagged.
(2) And, the matrix of large thumbnails show the file name, but not the file extension - so when I have a folder of raw, jpeg, and sometimes dng files together, I can't tell which is which. When I select an image, it shows it in the main window, and there is a filmstrip of images at the bottom of the screen. If you hover over one of these, it shows the complete file name and extension. But the filmstrip images are unusably tiny - even on my 27" Studio display. There doesn't appear to be any way to make them bigger. When I have selected an image, the filename (but not the extension) shows at the top of the screen. If I select the "Info" option, again, the file extension is not shown. I need to see the full filename and extension.

I hope these issues can be addressed.