Getting Started with Pixelmator Pro ? Some initial Questions ?

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2024-02-26 13:43:51

Hi Guys,

So I have been using other photo editing software namely Affinity Photo which is also alayer based software. Just like Pixelmator Pro but to begin with as I start using Pixelmator Pro I have some very basic questions.

First of all one of my biggest use of Pixelmator Pro is going to be remove background from an image and I understand this uses AI and Machine Learning to remove background from the subject, and a lot of times it does not do a very perfect job so let's say for a particular image it has removed the background but I am not happy with the results how do I go about bringing in missed out areas or deleting unwanted parts of the Software does not do a neat Job ? for example in Affinity Photo when you remove background you add a mask to it, so you paint in white on the mask to reveal the areas and paint in black to hide areas.Hoe do you do it in Pixelmstor Pro ?
I also want to know a lot of times right now when I open a project, I do not see any option to close the project ? other than completely closing the application or quitting it. So how do you close a Project especially if you multiple.prpjects opened at the same time ?

Can you guys please help me in this? Help will be highly appreciated for starter, for a beginner.

Thanks in advance.