New Image Layers created automatically

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2024-03-11 20:28:07

While I am editing an image, for example by using the brush tool, very often Pixelmator Pro will automatically create a new Image Layer with only one or two strokes on it, and this can happen more than once so that I have a stack of new Image Layers that are difficult to manage and that I do not need. Is there a way to disable whatever function is continually creating these new Image Layers?
Thanking you in advance.

2024-03-15 15:05:04

If you try to use a brush to paint on a different type of layer ( e.g.; text or shape layers ) PixPro will create new layers. If you make changes with the brush on a plain layer changes to the brushing will stay on that layer. Of course the inverse is true if you try to make a shape or text on a plain image layer.

2024-03-17 15:58:26

Thanks for your response. This is not happening on my text or shape layers - it happens on my regular image layers, most often after I have been working on the original image layer for a long time. All of a sudden it will just begin to add a new Image Layer with almost each new brush stroke. I can merge them but I never know when a new Image Layer will be added and it makes layer management a real headache.
Thanks.