Best way to (bulk) make images ready for websites

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2024-04-15 06:55:33

Hi!

What is the best way to use Pixelmator Pro for editing and export images for webdevelopment? Most of the time I scale images down to 1920 * 1480 or 1920 * 1080 (4:3 or 16:) in Affinity Designer. After that I use Squoosh to make them around 150kb.

What is the good workflow to do this with Pixelmator Pro?

2024-05-25 15:35:45

I would like to know too! Until then, this might work for you if your are using a Mac. I work on a 2021 Macbook Pro running Sonoma 14.5. When done with your photo on Pixelmator, select "Super Resolution" from the round circle with 3 dots on the top bar, then export your pic to your desktop. Hold down the "Control" key and click on your image (right click on PC). Scroll down to "Quick Actions" and select "convert Image", chose the size pic that works for you. I can reduce a 30MB pic to as low as 30KB with one click. One possible glitch; sometimes when selecting "Quick Actions", the "Convert Image" window doesn't open. The quick fix is a "Force Quit" and relaunch of the Finder. Select the "Apple" icon, select "Force Quit", select "Finder", select "Force Quit". Hope this helps.